1) HOW EXPENSIVE THE HOUSING REALLY IS IN THOSE “RETIRE CHEAP” COUNTRIES.
I was told Americans can retire like royalty for cheap in Central America. Panama…Mexico…I’m looking at you. (Maybe I need a Groupon?) Next stop: Southeast Asia!
2) HOW BLAND THE SUBURBS ARE WHEREVER YOU GO.
From France to Denmark, all the architectural charm unique to a country runs dry once you leave the city. Boxy architecture. Beige exteriors. Office parks. *Yawn* Except for Versailles. Now, that’s a bedroom community I can live in. i wonder what the rent is.
3) HOW PEOPLE CAN STILL DEMAND A POOL, EVEN THOUGH THE OCEAN IS FIVE METERS AWAY.
You’re buying oceanfront property in the Caribbean and you still need a pool. Why? At least the ocean is self-cleaning.
4) HOW EAGER PEOPLE ARE TO GO OVER BUDGET FOR A GUEST ROOM.
Why would you spend an extra $200 a month for a guest bedroom that someone might use twice a year? It’s usually the 20-something girlfriend, not the 30-something girlfriend/wife, who is living under the delusion that family & friends will travel 3,000 miles to visit her all the time. She’s equally deluded that her boyfriend WANTS her parents to stay with them. Save your little money and put them in a B&B; they’ll enjoy it more.
5) HOW MANY PEOPLE HAVE TWO MILLION DOLLAR REAL ESTATE BUDGETS.
What am I doing wrong???